How much is a good erection worth? That’s a question millions of men are faced with every year, and pharmaceutical and mail order companies are hoping the answer is a lot. It’s estimated that over $1 billion is spent annually on the top three ED drugs alone. Are pills really the best most cost-effective option for treating ED? Let’s take a closer look at common ED treatments and costs.
- Duo - $3500, six treatments over three weeks. Treats erectile dysfunction and restores natural function for drug and chemical free erections with no downtime.
- Most men need 6 sessions costing $3500, rarely up to 12 treatments may be needed.
- Very good cost average and no need to remember to bring or take your pills, shots, or tools, to have great spontaneous sex.
- Pills – average $3-70 per dose. Must be taken 30-60 minutes before sex and last for 4-6 hours. Side effects include flushing, headache, indigestion, visual changes, nasal congestion, back pain, and erections that don’t go away on their own.
- Cost per year if you have sex 3 times per week and are paying $8 per pill: $1248. If you’re paying $70 per pill for a name brand that same year of sex will cost $10,920.
- Pills are easy to use, you just swallow a pill, but pills take time to work, require pre-planning, and can have unwanted side effects.
- Injections – average $3-40 per shot. Self-administered shot into the penile shaft. Provides a quick erection in just 5-15 minutes. Good option for those who have unwanted side effects from pills and are not afraid of needles. Risks include injection site pain, bleeding, bruising, scar tissue formation, and an erection that won’t go away on its own.
- Similar cost to pills, $470-2080.
- Injections require you give yourself a shot, in your penis, every time you want to have sex. This requires pre-planning, proper needle disposal, and potential side effects.
- Pumps and rings - pumps $100-700, medical rings $750 per year. Chemical free erections but rely on having the tools on hand for sex, learning curve to find out how to use and what works best for you.
- Cost and quality of pumps vary greatly, a high-quality pumps can last years.
- Medical rings are a newer addition to the erectile dysfunction market with subscription plans averaging $750 per year.
- Good cost per use over pills, requires using a tool to get/maintain an erection, pre-planning, more obvious/visible to your partner.
- Implants - $15,000-30,000, requires surgery and replacement every 10-15 years on average. Activated/deactivated via a pump implanted in your scrotum and two cylinders in the penile shaft. Risks include infection, scar tissue formation, implant erosion, pump or reservoir displacement, and mechanical failure.
- Large upfront and possible replacement costs.
- Satisfaction rates are very high for penile implants with up to 90% of men satisfied with their results and say they would choose surgery again.
- If the implant is removed, you may not be able to have natural erections as it can destroy the natural erection reflex.
So, how much is your erection worth to you? The answer will likely be different for everyone. While there are many options to address erectile dysfunction, only Duo treatments restore your body’s natural ability to get and maintain a satisfying erection. Relying on pills and tools to have sex is inconvenient and takes much of the fun and spontaneity out of sex. You deserve to have the best sex possible! Duo can make that happen!
Would you like to schedule a free consultation to see if Duo treatments are right for you? Click here to contact our office.