A tummy tuck, aka abdominoplasty, is the most effective way to flatten a poochy belly. But what do you do about the rest, including the love handles, waist, hips, and lower back? It obviously wouldn’t make sense to only improve the front appearance, and not work on the other “spare tire” areas. You have to take a more holistic approach when trying to achieve a real transformation. In my practice, I have embraced a 360 degree philosophy. A tummy tuck with 360 degree liposuction treats your entire midsection from top to bottom, AND back to front. 360 degrees of your entire torso. Hence the name!
First, let’s talk tummy. There are a few factors that determine just how flat your belly can be with a Tummy Tuck:
- The amount of excess skin and fat we can safely remove makes a big difference in your postoperative flatness. During your consultation, we do a “pinch test” to determine how much we can surgically exercise so you will have a good idea of what is possible before surgery.
- Repairing separated abdominal muscles caused by pregnancy, weight changes and other conditions can result in more tightness while pulling in your poochy belly. Also known as a diastasis recti repair, this maneuver literally creates a corset for your belly.
Next, Take the 360 Degree Approach and Trick Out Your Tummy
- Aggressive liposuction eliminates bulges along your sides, lower back, and “back butt.” It’s a sculpting extravaganza!
- Love handle liposuction is a key component of this 360-degree approach. It beautifully shapes your torso from the front-to-back transition and allows clothing to fit better.
- A 360-degree approach does also mean more initial recovery time and discomfort. But most patients feel it’s completely worth it to ensure dramatic, head-to-toe improvements in contour and shape.
Turbocharge Your Results
The best candidates for cosmetic surgery have realistic expectations about results. But your expectations with a tummy tuck utilizing a 360 degree approach should be lofty. Removing excess belly skin/fat and tightening muscles will transform your belly. But adding on comprehensive liposuction, that is completed in a 360-degree fashion can absolutely transform your entire midsection. It offers us the best way to turbocharge your tummy tuck results. And this can be further turbocharged if BodyTite is included with the liposuction. Check out some of her before and after photos and schedule a consultation with us today.