The ads are everywhere. You can’t even listen to NFL radio without hearing them: ForHims, Roman, Lemonade, it seems everyone needs ED medication. But are pills really the answer for better erections and more importantly, better sex?
On the surface pills might seem like a great idea, you don’t even need to leave your couch or see a doctor and the pills will be in your mailbox in no time. Just pop a pill, and wait (and wait, and wait, and wait) for an erection to magically appear, right? Maybe. Most ED medications work in a similar way by enhancing the effects of nitrous oxide, a chemical that relaxes muscles in the penis. This allows for an increase in blood flow into your sexually stimulated penis. While the side effects with these medications are low, there are limitation and downsides. Let’s look at the dosing some of the most common ED drugs in more detail:
- The little Blue pill – most effective when taken on an empty stomach one hour before sex and may be effective for 4-5 hours.
- The little Orange pill – also most effective when taken one hour before sex, can be taken with food, however, high fat meals might affect absorption, (hope your romantic pre-sex meal doesn’t include ribeye or dessert) also effective for about 4-5 hours.
- The newest pill on the market – can be taken with or without food 30 minutes before sex, effects last up to 6 hours.
Most men are not bothered by the side effects of ED medications but they are worth noting and include:
- Temporary visual changes, a blue tinge to vision, sensitivity to light or blurred vision.
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Back pain
Rare, but more serious side effects include:
- Hearing or vision loss. Some men have had sudden loss of hearing or vision after taking ED medications. It is not clear whether the vision or hearing loss was directly caused by the medication or potentially a preexisting condition.
- An erection that doesn’t go away on its own. This rare condition can be painful and requires medical treatment to avoid damage to your penis.
Beyond the real risks of ED medications there are additional considerations if you choose to go the pill route including:
- Inconvenient – you need to make sure you always have your pills available prior to sex.
- Recurring expense/running out of pills
- No/limits spontaneity – remembering to take your pills an hour before sex on an empty stomach takes some of the fun out sex.
- Do not treat or restore blood flow – perhaps the biggest downside of relying on pills for an erection is that you are not doing anything to restore lasting blood flow to the penis.
If you’re willing to wait for pills to be delivered, pills to work, and the potential side effects, pills might be the answer for you, but there is better answer for stronger more fulfilling erections. Duo treatments rejuvenate and restore blood flow to the penis with results that last up to two years. Why rely on a temporary fix from pills when you could be having the best erections possible anytime, anywhere? Your best erection is just 3 weeks away with Duo.