For most women, being a mom is a real blessing and one of the greatest joys of their lives. However, it’s perfectly reasonable to admit that being a mom is also hectic and time-consuming. A common theme for the moms that visit our clinic is that they feel that they need to make sacrifices to keep their family happy. Often, the first thing many women sacrifice for the greater good of motherhood is their appearance. We believe it doesn’t have to be this way and that it is important for all moms to choose themselves every now and then.
Putting Your Appearance First
It can be difficult to find time in your busy schedule to even do the simplest of things like brushing your hair or showering, let alone cooking a healthy meal and exercising. The net result of this hectic lifestyle is often the creation of the “frumpy mom” (a mom who disregards her appearance and makes no effort to address her soft, undefined body). The biggest contributing factor to a “frumpy mom” appearance is not taking the time to focus on shedding those post-pregnancy pounds. Talk to your partner, family, and friends about setting aside time for you to go to the gym while they watch the kids. See if a reliable sitter is available for a few hours each night. If push comes to shove, invest in a running stroller and bring your baby with you. While it’s easy to use your family as an excuse to not work out, you will be much happier when you break that cycle and get out and exercise. Exercise not only helps you lose weight, but the mental health benefits after pregnancy are often more profound.
Even though diet and exercise following pregnancy are important for restoring your pre-baby body, rarely will they magically cure the problem areas. Muscles and skin can become permanently stretched following pregnancy. You may have also noticed volume loss and sagging in your breasts after nursing. Diet and exercise provide little in the way of correcting these issues. If you feel that your appearance is flabby and aged after your pregnancy and exercise simply is no longer cutting it, it might be time to treat yourself to a mommy makeover.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover describes a set of plastic surgery procedures that specifically target the common problem areas following pregnancy. It is designed to restore volume and firmness to your breasts and helps you reclaim your lean pre-baby body. Common procedures included in a mommy makeover are:
– Breast augmentation to increase the size of breasts that have lost volume from nursing
– Breast lift to restore the perkiness of sagging breasts following breastfeeding
– Liposuction to remove stubborn fat deposits
– Tummy tuck surgery to correct loose and sagging abdominal skin and rectus muscles
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
– Restores a leaner, more youthful body contour and silhouette
– Combines procedures so you only have one recovery period and you save money
– Allows clothing to fit better
– Provides an increase in comfort and confidence in your body
– May rekindle the lost spark in the bedroom
– Achieves a body that looks even better than before your children
– Allows you to feel pampered and cared for by putting yourself first
If you are looking to erase the effects of pregnancy on your body, schedule your consultation with Dr. Martin today. Contact us by calling our Aspen office at (970) 544-0500, our Denver office at (303) 589-9420, or our Vail office at (970) 926-0324. You may also fill out our online contact form here for additional information.