BodyTite™ is the most promising skin tightening device that I have used in the office setting since I entered practice more than 10 years ago. With this device, we finally have an option for skin tightening that can mimic the results of some of the surgeries that remove loose skin. For the neck, arms, flanks, inner thighs, and other places on your body that are notorious for loose skin, BodyTite™ offers transformative results!
View our recent Facebook Live presentation on Bodytite!
- Why We Use BodyTite™
- Treatment Areas
- How it Works
- In-Office Treatment
- Recent studies have shown that BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ have greater potential for skin tightening than any other FDA-approved invasive or non-invasive skin tightening device on today’s market.
- Radiofrequency energy offers the most efficient means of lipolysis (fat destruction) when compared to technologies like laser-assisted lipolysis (Smartlipo®) and ultrasound-assisted lipolysis (VASERlipo®).
- Advanced safety mechanisms, including internal and external thermal sensors that limit the likelihood of burns, make this device’s safety profile very desirable.
- Recovery, including the amount post-operative discomfort, is decreased with the use of this device when compared to traditional liposuction.
- The best areas to treat with BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ are any areas of the body with unwanted deposits of fat and unsightly loose skin..
- The areas most often treated with this device are the neck (below the chin), upper and lower abdomen, bra line, flanks, upper arms, thighs, and knees.
- BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ are excellent options for treating fat alone if you do not have associated areas of loose skin.
- If indicated, we recommend treating multiple areas of concern with BodyTite™ and FaceTite™. Don’t feel that you have to limit yourself to one area.
- The system relies on Radiofrequency-Assisted Lipolysis (RFAL) to melt unwanted pockets of fat and simultaneously tighten the overlying skin.
- Radiofrequency current passes from the electrode underneath the skin, through the soft tissue, fat, and skin to the outside electrode.
- The transfer of radiofrequency energy between the electrodes creates heat that causes the following:
- Skin tightening by tissue coagulation
- Necrosis (destruction) of unwanted fat
- Shortening of the attachments that connect the skin to the deeper layers of your soft tissue
- Stimulation of collagen production in the deeper layers of skin to promote tighter and firmer skin
- Individuals that are active, motivated, and healthy will most likely qualify for this procedure.
- The ideal candidate has pesky areas of diet-resistant and exercise-resistant fat with associated, unsightly areas of overlying loose skin.
- Some potential candidates may have unwanted fat with no associated loose skin, which is also treatable with liposuction.
- Individuals who are candidates for other procedures and who may benefit from combination with BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ as well.
- In-office procedures have a proven decrease in complications, including a lower incidence of infection as compared to procedures in the operating room.
- There is an ease and convenience with scheduling in-office procedures.
- Patients avoid the extra cost associated with the operating room and anesthesia.
- The risks associated with anesthesia, including nausea and vomiting, are avoided with awake procedures.
- Using tumescent anesthesia and oral medication, discomfort during these types of awake procedures is limited. Overall, they are very well tolerated, and a large majority of the procedure is pain-free.
Are you a candidate for BodyTite™?
BodyTite™ Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose your office for a BodyTite™ or FaceTite™ procedure?
In our office, we have specialized in awake body contouring procedures that combine the use of energy assisted devices with liposuction over the past 10 years. It is our specialty, and we are very proud of the reputation we have built nationally. Most recently, our office was designated as the premiere training facility for the BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ device by the device manufacturer, InMode, for the entire Mountain West region. Evidence of the expertise found here, this opportunity has allowed us to educate other physicians and promote expert, ethical use of this incredible technology.
What should I expect on the day of my in-office procedure?
You will arrive at the office 30 to 40 minutes before the procedure start time. Surgical markers will be used as guide markings to outline the treatment areas. After taking oral medication to help you feel relaxed and comfortable during the procedure, you will be escorted to the procedure room. There, your treatment areas will be coated with a sterilizing solution, and you will be positioned on your back or stomach for the procedure. Procedure times vary, but the average length of the procedure is 1.5 hours. Afterward, you will be cleansed and placed in a surgical garment. Within 15 to 30 minutes, you will be discharged to the care of a friend or family member. Due to the oral medication that is administered before the procedure, you will not be able to drive yourself home afterward.
Are BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ painful?
For your procedure, we will inject tumescent anesthesia underneath the skin to thoroughly numb the areas being treated, limiting discomfort. Any episodes of discomfort during the procedure are usually limited and easily managed by oral pain medications. You will continue to feel numb for a few hours after the procedure. This will allow you to return to your home or your hotel in relative comfort before any additional discomfort begins to manifest. Oral medications taken as needed will assure your comfort during the brief recovery period.
What are the risks?
The risks associated with BodyTite™ or FaceTite™ are rare. The most common concern is the potential for thermal burns. However, the advanced internal and external thermal-sensing monitors on the BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ handpieces make the likelihood of a thermal injury extremely unlikely. Once maximum temperature is reached, the novel technology on the device shuts off the treatment. Other complications that have been reported in recent studies are infection, seroma, nerve injury, skin injury, and lidocaine toxicity. These complications were reported to occur less than 5% of the time, which is lower than the averages reported for liposuction. Overall, BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ are well-tolerated procedures, with very desirable safety profiles.
Who is not a candidate for this procedure?
Although most people interested in improving their body contour will be a candidate for this procedure, some may not qualify. This includes individuals who are morbidly obese and individuals with notable health issues like diabetes or heart disease that are controlled with medications. Before entertaining a procedure like BodyTite™, individuals with these issues should consider maximizing their health with their primary physician. For those who struggle with weight management, a medically supervised weight loss program or surgery should be entertained. It is important to note that while risks are usually low, the risk of complications rises alarmingly with any elective procedure as your BMI increases.
Can you use the BodyTite™ and FaceTite™ device in combination with other surgeries or procedures?
Although BodyTite™ is an excellent stand-alone treatment in the office, it is also a great add-on procedure to other surgeries, especially surgeries that primarily address areas of loose skin (such as tummy tucks, facelifts, and neck lifts). The device has significant potential to complement and improve the results of other surgeries and procedures that you are considering..
Do any other technologies rival the skin tightening potential of BodyTite™ and FaceTite™?
Even though we use and may recommend many other skin tightening technologies like Smartlipo® and VASERlipo®, no device currently approved by the FDA rivals the skin tightening potential of BodyTite™ and FaceTite™. It is truly remarkable how this device has improved our ability to tighten loose skin overlying pesky areas of unwanted fat.
How expensive is this procedure?
The cost of this procedure will vary depending on the number of areas you need treated. It is important to note that doing this procedure in the office will help you avoid the extra cost of anesthesia and operative fees, which will significantly reduce your overall expense. Please contact our office directly to get a more accurate estimate on pricing.
How long will it take me to recover?
Recovery is rather swift but will involve some periods of discomfort for the first week after surgery. For those with less physically active jobs, you can return to work duties within 3 to 4 days. For those with more physically active jobs, it may take a full week to return to work duties. In almost all cases, it takes 1 to 2 weeks for patients to return fully to normal activities. Clearance for minimal exertion exercises is usually at 2 weeks after the procedure, and clearance for more aggressive exercising is usually at 4 weeks after the procedure.
When can I expect to see improvements following my BodyTite™ or FaceTite™ procedure?
Due to the power of this technology, you should expect to see some changes in the treated area immediately after the post-operative swelling resolves. The treated area will continue to improve for weeks and months, and your final results will be evident at approximately 6 months or more after the procedure.
Mountain West BodyTite™ Training Center
Are you a physician looking for more information about BodyTite™ or training at Dr. Jason Martin's Certified BodyTite™ Training Facility in Denver, CO? We enjoy training physicians on this amazing technology and would love the opportunity to discuss it with you more.